This is a Stream of Consciousness Saturday Prompt post from lindaghill.com
The prompt for this Saturday is memory
What IS Your Name?
I know there’s an Essential oil for this, but the name of it escapes me…and that’s the way it goes these days. The road backwards grows longer each year as the path forward decreases. I make fine backwards thrusts while yesterday’s drips and drabbles take much more muscle. There are small items such as names and common nouns that fall away, then loom into a larger fear. I can go hours describing the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The childhood eastern coast summer cottage where the lighthouse on Hatteras beams glow lights on the wrap-around porch where family gathers into rockers or beach chairs, giggle into the night, spin NC ghost tales, then sleep soundly on sandy sheets to the rhythm of the waves as they roll in and out. Oh, but now…I must jostle around to speak of last week’s day trip to the Jersey shore where one of my grandchildren pokes me and says I’m Sammy…you just called me Ethan. Who’s Sammy, anyway?
Here are the rules for SOC ( these rules refer to Linda’s post) Anyone can join in!
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!